Thursday, September 10, 2009

Around the World

Today was day 2 of the Early Childhood Development Center. (I have decided to call it by its actual title because it sounds fancier than "day care") It went much better than yesterday. Most likely because Todd came with me and did the morning hand-off since that is what killed me yesterday. The teachers are wonderful and made me feel much more at ease. It is also all teacher's kids so it is comforting to see familiar faces when I go to drop him off and pick him up. It didn't hurt that school kept me so busy that I didn't have enough time to sit and realize that I was sad.
BUT the absolute BEST part about the day care Early Childhood Development Center is that they have themed Fridays such as pjs, football, and fall colors. Our first theme day is "Around the World". I couldn't come up with anything other than a sumo wrestler for the little guy... but I think I should wait until the teachers understand my sense of humor a little better before I bust out the big guns. I decided that pjs from our friends in France would be a better option. It says "One more kiss and then sleep" in French. I think.
At first Blake thought he looked fabulous in it.

Then the darn bear came along and told Blake what was on his pjs.

WHAT??? THIS IS IN FRENCH???

Who knew Blake hated the French so much?

Darn bear. We won't be participating in the first theme day.

4 comments:

gcotharn said...

Smarter than the average bear.

The Robertson Family said...

Those are Freedom Pajamas. Not French Pajamas.

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

that's freakin hysterical! pictures speak a million words, his expression is priceless! i think ECDC will work out just great for this little french prince : )

emjay said...

Oh my, NB, that is just too cute. Don't tell Blake that his great-great-great-great grandmother was French. No one in that family will admit it.