Monday, August 31, 2009

Two Month Check-Up

Blake had his 2 month check up today. He is now 13 pounds and 25.25 inches long. His head and height are still in the 95th percentile while his weight is in the 80th. He is a tank! We decided to spread his vaccinations out so he only got one shot and one oral vaccination today. It was so sad. He was smiling and cooing at me but as soon as the nurse gave him the shot his face scrunched up like "what the heck was that for?" and he screamed. I was able to hold it together and not cry this time. If they had given him more than one I don't know that I could have kept calm. Especially with how the day started out...

I am usually a very punctual person however I have learned that getting myself and a baby ready to go isn't all that easy. I was so proud of myself today because I was going to be so early to the doctor's appointment that I would be able to stop for lunch on the way. I had bathed Blake and gotten him ready. He was sitting in his bouncy chair while I straightened my hair and talked to him. After only 3 swipes of the straightening iron I began to smell something awful. I guess with motherhood comes a keen dirty diaper radar... or maybe Blake had a MAJOR blow out. Ten baby wipes, a load of laundry and a quick bath later, I made it to the appointment on time! I was hungry with my hair in a partially straightened pony tail but nonetheless I was Super Mom!

For Renee--
Yes the kid has clothes. It is my goal to take pictures of him dressed now that you pointed my weirdness out. I don't want anyone calling CPS on the crazy nudist mother! I snapped some early morning pics. We love our lazy mornings cuddling together on the couch. Pajamas stay on until there is a good reason to not be in them. Jack photo bombed the first picture. Poor dog still doesn't understand that he is no longer the baby.

3 comments:

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Wow!!! He DOES have clothes! And yes, you'll soon get used to "unexpected" things. One time I took Big L to get his pictures taken and JUST as I was pulling into the parking lot, he puked ALL over! Stupid me, I had brought more than one shirt but no alternate pants(did find some kind of not so cute ones for emergencies only in the diaper bag though). The things you learn.... (oh, and you'll be happy to know the vomit was a fluke of some sort as the kid was ENTIRELY fine the rest of the day, week, and month....)

Anonymous said...

I feel so lucky I got a personalized post in your blog. Blake is such a cute kiddo - with or without clothes!

Nice job on using the urban dictionary in your posting! I learn something new everyday.

posthelgason said...

So laid back, that kid! I love him to pieces. So happy you're enjoying mommyhood - you're so good at it.