Monday, March 29, 2010

Tubes

Blake got tubes this morning!

Not those tubes, but tubes in his ears. I think it was much harder on us than it was on him. He was cheerful the whole morning. He was smiling and talking with the nurses and both sets of grandparents. I got to go with him to get the "giggle juice". He was so funny. The nurses kept him amused with their bright colored hats and by blowing bubbles. They kept laughing at him and I overheard them say "he is the cutest baby we've had all morning!" In hindsight, I shouldn't have announced that to my family when I got back to the waiting room. Who would have thought there would be other babies' families in the waiting room, too??
The procedure didn't really take all that long, but it felt like an eternity for me. When I finally got to go back and see him he was doing great. He barely fussed and was happy and playful by the time we got home. We have just been taking it easy all day.
We are incredibly thankful that the tubes are the only worry we have. We saw other babies at the hospital that really put everything into perspective. We are blessed!

4 comments:

Big Guy said...

With all the teeth he has, he can use the Crest!

I think they should have said "the cutest baby we've EVER had".

Ashley and Matt Sheehan said...

I'm sorry Nancy :( Glad it's all behind you guys now and hope Blake starts feeling better soon. Poor guy

Mrs. Butts said...

No more monkeys in his ears. Glad he did well.

The Burch Family said...

Love the tube picture!