Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day Back

I knew I wouldn't handle dropping Blake off at day care well so I decided to ease into it. He went for a half day today while I went to school. I am incredibly glad I made the decision to do a trial run before my first day back to teaching tomorrow. I cried yesterday. 3 times. I cried this morning before I took him. I held it together as I walked in the early childhood center. I held it together as the sweet teacher showed me what to do every morning when I bring him in. I held it together as I was taking him out of his carrier.
Then I had to hand him over.
I lost it.
I knew it would be hard... but I never thought it would literally hurt me the way it did. I know it will get easier, but I will never think someone else can love him like I do.
Tomorrow will be better. Tonight I can't put him down.

Yes, that is a tear stain on his shirt.

No comments: