Wednesday, May 20, 2009

6 weeks!

I have 6 weeks left and I WOULD feel great about that... except my cousin who was due only a week before me had her baby on Saturday! That made everything way too close and way too real for me. So now I am in stress out mode. I am trying to figure out what I am forgetting. What do I pack in the bag for the hospital? What are the essentials for a diaper bag? Who the heck is going to change the dirty diapers?
All the things I need to do to get ready coupled with the sheer terror of what is about to happen to me is making my days go by too quickly. I have a lot to do! Words of wisdom are welcomed!

4 comments:

posthelgason said...

heehee! I guess lucky for Jade she didn't have time to freak out. Somehow everything just works itself out! And you will find, as she has, that nobody can swaddle or change a diaper or even feed your own son quite as good as you can. Well, with the exception of me :) And I'll always be there for you.

melissa said...

there is something amazing about the mother switch that just turns on the moment he is placed on your belly after birth...you are ready, trust me.

take lots of pictures, cuddle him every chance you get, and don't listen to people who tell you a baby who is held too much won't ever be able to be put down...he's yours, you don't ever have to let go!

the mama said...

the ONLY thing you need to leave the hospital is the carseat installed!! everything else will fall into place....it will be wonderful!

KJ Druyvesteyn said...

Heck, the ONLY thing you need to worry about is the epidural. The hospital takes care of everything else --including your stylish wardrobe. It's "air conditioned" for your comfort. : )

No need to worry about the dirty diapers, I'm sure that Mama Mia and Big Guy will handle those.

The only other details are the ones that your husband needs to take care of...including making sure that he brings your "push present" to the hospital and knows exactly what kind of post delivery Starbucks drink and other favorite snacks you will need! (Hey, I was in labor for 27 hours and Aaron DEFINITELY needed to go get me whatever my little heart desired! : )